Welcome to KIU Training
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
KIU, based in Dar es Salaam Tanzania, was established in 1985 to provide Swahili language training, cultural training, translation/interpretation services and educational material to help people get the most of their stay in the land of a thousand Karibu! (welcome)
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE KIU?
- One of the largest and most experienced Swahili language providers in East Africa.
- Awarded Certificate of Honour from the National Swahili Council for promoting Swahili Culture.
- Exceptional value for money.¬† Classes limited to 5 students, extensive training materials provided and teachers guaranteed to be of the highest quality with KIU's training and exam.
- A local business that fairly rewards staff.
WHO DO WE WORK WITH
Everyone! We work with people from a wide range of backgrounds - from tourists to NGO's and from emploees of foriegn companies to Missionaries and students.
WHAT LANGUAGE COURSES DO WE RUN?
We offer structured group courses on 3 levels as well as bespoke trainning 100% tailored to your needs.
- Beginners Course: Students leave able to speak survival Swahili using simple vocabulary in everyday situations.
- Intermediate Course: Students leave able to understand written and spoken Swahili with good functional vocabulary and common idiomatic expressions.
- Advanced Course: Students leave able to talk about abstract topics, read fiction and and have a good understanding of key issues in Tanzinia.
NEW CD EDITION AVAILABLE AS BOXED SET OR ONLINE FROM:
FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON IN TANZANIA - Follow this link to the excellent MAMBO magazine www.mambomagazine.com